Home Page - Profile - History
The history of Christian Dior began in 1946, when Monsieur Christian Dior started his own haute couture establishment in a townhouse at 30 avenue Montaigne in Paris, where the Company still has its headquarters.
Boussac group, which owned Christian Dior at that time, was acquired in 1984 by Bernard Arnault in association with a group of investors. In 1988, through one of its subsidiaries, Christian Dior took a 32% stake in LVMH, an ownership interest that would be gradually increased over the years. As of December 31, 2022, Christian Dior thus controlled 41% of the share capital and 57% of the voting rights of LVMH, while the Arnault Family Group also held about 7% of the share capital and of the voting rights of LVMH as of this same date.
The Christian Dior group was formed through successive alliances among companies that, from generation to generation, have successfully combined traditions of excellence and creative passion with a cosmopolitan flair and a spirit of conquest. Together, these companies now make up a powerful, international Group, sharing their expertise with its newer brands and continuing to cultivate the art of growing well while transcending time, without losing their soul or their image of distinction.